Sunday, November 19, 2006

HLDNON for Hoons

Hoons believe they own the roads in Sydney. The lack of adequate resources for NSW Police, and them often taking the line of least resistance, is surely going to lead to greater chaos on our roads. I lay the blame for this squarely on the weasels in the NSW Labor Government. After so many years of disgustingly bad governing, they have managed to bring just about every bit of vital infrastructure to its knees.

I won't use this blog entry to ramble on about politics, but I would like to point to this article in the Sydney Morning Herald, written by Margo Kingston back in March 2003. She's a journalist of great repute, and her words about the upcoming NSW Elections in that year make for very interesting reading.

Now, getting back to hoons...
This evening, Sunday 19 November at 17h30, I witnessed two cars racing through the quiet suburb of Blakehurst. I first noticed these 'animals' on Terry Street. They then screeched away from the traffic lights onto the Princes Highway, and went 'hell bent for leather' towards Kogarah. Fortunately, I managed to get an image of one of the vehicles at the traffic lights.

Here's a description of the two cars. One was a grey Chevrolet (Rego: HLDNON), and the other a black vehicle (Rego: YOU112), driven by a P-plater.
Both these vehicles were driving well in excess of the legal speed limit, and what is most disturbing, is the speed at which they drove through residential areas.

Photo: Grey Chevrolet Rego: HLDNON at the traffic lights cnr Terry St and Princes Highway, taken at 17h29. His 'mate' in the black vehicle Rego: YOU112, has just made it through the lights to the front of him.

I shan't bother with reporting this to the police. On previous occasions, reporting incidents has been like beating your head against a brick wall. In fact, on the 20th of July this year, I handed in heaps of documentation along with my complaint made at the Hurstville Police Station. My complaint was taken by a very friendly Constable Woodside. To this date however, and it's now four months later, I have not received a single call from the police with regard to the COPS Event No. E27262637.

Who was the Police Minister at the time? It was Carl Scully, and I had brought the same complaint to his attention via email. Yeah, what a joke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home