Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Abusing "Set Down" Area at Public Hospital

There are some nasty, self-serving, and arrogant individuals in the world.
Of the worst type would include those who take parking reserved for the disabled, push in front of others, or who park in set down areas for extended periods of time.

Yesterday (Monday 16th October), I arrived at St Vincent's Public Hospital in Darlinghurst at 11:07 am.

The stopping area in front of the main entrance is reserved for picking up and setting down patients only.
I noticed how busy this area was with cars, and that some of them had parked, with their drivers nowhere in sight. I assumed that they may have popped into the reception area to assist someone coming out. Still, this irked me, because this is not what the area is for.

The sign in front clearly states, "PICK UP AND SET DOWN ONLY - NO WAITING".
There is an underground car park. It's admittedly very expensive, but it is the correct place to use when needing to remain at the hospital for any length of time. The alternative is street parking.

I took particular notice of a few of the vehicles that were there, and went inside.

To my absolute astonishment, two of these cars were in the same position when I came out of the hospital at 11:30. I couldn't believe that anyone would be so selfish as to deliberately park there for at least over half an hour. These cars were still empty - no driver, no passenger.

So, I returned into the building and informed a security officer of what was happening. His answer was that he would go outside with his ticket pad, and book the offenders.

Then, I walked outside and started to take a few photos of these cars with my mobile phone. I waited around for another ten or so minutes and had a smoko away from the buiding, expecting to see the security officer attend to the matter.
Well, nothing happened, so I phoned the hospital and told the security officer that nothing had been done as yet. He and his colleagues had been handling other issues, but were about to deal with my complaint.

At that instant, the driver of the grey Toyota (ZHF-294) walked towards her car and unlocked it. I couldn't help myself, and had to point the camera lens at her, and click. Oh yeah, there was no passenger. She drove off on her own. Rather than find appropriate parking, this middle-aged, greyish blonde-haired woman in a black dress, had defied the rules by stopping right in front of the hospital, and leaving her vehicle there for at least 40 minutes.
How disgusting! She placed her own needs above those of patients, ambulances and taxis, who are only allowed to stop there momentarily.
What makes it worse is that this galah, like the other transgressors, thinks that she can get away with it. She did, this time. Her car departed before the security officers arrived; but the photos I have identify this horrible woman and her car. There is some kind of notice on the inside of her windscreen. Perhaps it's a "disabled permit", but she certainly did not seem disabled, in fact far from it. In any event, this is not a disabled persons parking area, and over 40 minutes is ridiculous in the extreme.

Then there's the black Audi (NXE-08L). One would expect that someone driving an Audi could afford the underground parking. No! Stuff anyone else. The "I can do anything I want, and certainly park wherever I choose" attitude makes me want to chunder.
Well I've got news for you. You got caught. Not only by my beady-eyed Nokia, but by the security officers, who studied the vehicle and took out their little 'infringements' pad.

To recap, the two vehicles I referred to were:
NXE-08L - Black Audi
ZHF-294 - Grey Toyota

A third vehicle (AOJ-82V - White Mitsubishi), was unattended for at least 10 minutes.

So, take a look if you will. The photographs are appalling, as one would expect from a mobile phone.


Photo: The unattended black Audi NXE-08L that was photographed in the "PICK UP AND SET DOWN ONLY" area of St Vincent's Public Hospital, Darlinghurst, at 11:33 am.



Photo: The unattended grey Toyota ZHE-08L that was photographed in the "PICK UP AND SET DOWN ONLY" area of St Vincent's Public Hospital, Darlinghurst, at 11:38 am.



Photo: The driver of the unattended grey Toyota ZHE-08L was photographed in the "PICK UP AND SET DOWN ONLY" area of St Vincent's Public Hospital, Darlinghurst, at 11:54 am. Remember, I had arrived at the hospital at 11:07 am.



Photo: Clearly marked. The sign in front of St Vincent's Public Hospital, Darlinghurst.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home